Feb 18, 2013

Goals

I am totally type A personality. Reamer is now deployed and I immediately set a million goals for myself and the kids. It's what pushes me forward. It helps give me purpose and helps me see the light at the end of the tunnel. At this point I think I may have set the bar too high for myself but at least it's keeping me somewhat positive. I thought about listing them here for everyone to see but deleted them because after writing them it seemed a little bit crazy. One of my goals is to write this blog. I want to use the blog to help Reamer keep up with what we're doing. I also think it will be a good outlet for me to talk about my life and to help everyone understand what the deployment is really like. The last weekend was rough but today I'm looking at my goals and feeling like I can accomplish some things that I wouldn't have normally done. For me the deployment is almost like a new year, it's a new beginning, it's a readjustment and keeping a positive attitude is one of the most important things that I can do for myself, my kids and especially for my soldier. Of course this blog will also be used to show pictures of our adorable children. I can't stop myself from taking pictures of them. Since Reamer isn't home to Share in this joy. I think it's important for me to write things down so that he can read what's happening in our lives and also other people can join in the joy that they are bringing to me!!

I know that the blog will usually be about the kids, but today is about me. It's about keeping a positive attitude and having joy even when it seems impossible. I'm hoping that if I keep myself very busy, time will pass quickly and our family will be together again. My son Reamer has told me many times since his daddy left that "we are not a family when daddy is gone". Please say some prayers and wish me luck on all of my crazy goals. With a little encouragement you might give me the push I need to make it through this deployment. And to my brave, amazing, wonderful husband-- you are so deeply missed.

No comments: