Jul 22, 2008

1607!

When I joined a sorority in college, I expected to get a lot of friends, planned parties and some organized fun! I definately got all of those things, but mainly I was given some of the best friends I have ever had. I am so happy that the sorority brought me to such a great group of girls. I seriously love them as sisters and I would do anything for them. I am so grateful to have shared such special times with them. We are all different in our own ways but are the best of friends.

The New Yorker/Savannaian (LeeLee)-- Wow! What a combination. We have all seen her grow into an amazing woman. She is beautiful, smart, talented and sweet as can be. She moved down south with a northern demeanor, but I think that we rubbed off some southern charm and now she is a true Southern Belle! A successful PR/Advertising designer, workout queen with a heart as good as gold. You couldn't ask for a better friend. She has traded her fast paced ways for the southern drawl of Savvanah. I feel so blessed to have her friendship and I love her with everything I have. I know that we will be friends forever!

The Nurse Anethesisthist (KiKi/Moto)- (probably spelled wrong)- She is seriously the hardest worker I have ever seen! She is definately going to be the rich one of the bunch, and she deserves it from all of her hard work. She makes everyone laugh all of the time with her silliness and sarcastic humor. You can't help but have fun when she is around. Practical common sense makes her a great advice giver and an amazing friend. I identify with her so strongly from our background to our view on life and share such a strong bond and love for this girl. I couldn't ask for a better friend!

Our Trailmaid(Jenny from the Block)- Designer, model, artist, fashionista is there anything this girl can't do??? She is one of the sweetest and most thoughtful girls I have ever met. She has a sensitive and pure heart. Always ready to be silly and have a fun time but sentimental and ready to feel the emotions of the moment and not afraid to show her feelings. Her love of family, friends and for life is apparent through her actions. I look up to her and aspire to be as good of a person as she is. I love her so much and can't express how happy I am to have her in my life.

The Designer Diva (ShellBell/Atacomputa)- We all joke around about her love of fashion, beauty product love, shoe love, and high style quality of life, but in reality we are all jealous. We wish that we could be as put together as she is. Her love of fashion and high style makes her so much fun. This Atlanta teacher is a true and steady friend. She has definately grown into a spectacular woman and a I'm so happy to have her in my life and am so fortunate to have such a great friend.

The Birmingham Reporter (Kimmie/Shoe Station)-- The 1607 implant that should have lived with us! She is the self proclaimed picture taker of the group and is always ready to document the moment with a scrapbook. (I think that it is the reporter in her.) She is always a blast to be around and is a true friend to everyone! She doesn't have a mean bone in her body. I love this girl more than she will ever know and am so grateful to have her as a friend.

I have the best friends in the world. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. I have been so lucky to have such supportive friends that are willing to stop their lives just to be there for me. Even though we have all moved away from one another, we continue to be as close or closer then when we all lived in the same house (1607 Bryant Drive).
Distance has done nothing more than help ensure that we plan our events better to get together. I have no fear about moving half way acrosss the world because I know no matter how far I go I will always have my friendships with these amazing women. I have no doubt that as we get older we will become even closer. Even though distance may keep us a part more than we would like, I believe that our friendships will remain true. I love you all so much and thank you for being my friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meghan! Well now that I am sitting at my computer at 8:30 on a tuesday morning and crying I know that my day is complete :) it is a good cry, just little tears, but tears of joy, happiness, longing, sadness and excitement. We are truly blessed to have each other in good times and bad. I know that I wouldn't have been able to make it through some of the toughest times of my life without all of you!
This new journey in your life is going to be amazing, I will miss you so very much and will see you in Italy! Love Forever Leigh!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some of the sweetest things I've ever heard someone say about their friends! I feel so fortunate that you see me in such a positive light and have been my friend for so many years now! You are such an awesome person and friend! I truly view all of our friendships as a blessing! You're getting ready to experience so many wonderful changes and I can't wait to hear all about them and even get to experience some of them with you one day when I come visit! : ) I will miss you! Love you bunches!! Jennifer

Unknown said...

The Housewife in Training/Elle Woods (Meggie/Skid)- It’s easy to take for granted the friendship we all share. The six of us have been so blessed to find each other. In just the short 8 years of knowing one another, we have already shared a lifetime of great memories. It is so exciting to know that we have just begun this journey. Each year our friendship has only grown stronger and no matter the distance, I know it will continue to strengthen. I love all of you guys so much and look forward to the memories to be made in our future. We will all see you soon in Italy, Meghan! I just hope they have some version of AFV over there. Oh…you definitely spelled it correctly. I am a Nurse “Anne” “Thesis” “Tist” and I give “Anne” “Stee” “Sha”.