Jan 27, 2009

Fractured Foot and Broken Spirit

I don't think that most people that know me would consider me a clumbsy person, but it is definately a character trait that I have come to accept in myself. Partly, I think that my clumbsiness happens when I am quickly trying to accomplish a task and my mind is solely concentrating on the task at hand and not on anything else. Looking at my finger (the one I slammed in the car door that is now black and receding from my nail bed) and my fractured foot (After falling from the "makeshift" ladder that I used to hang curtains) and the other "battle scars" (blistered feet, cuts from shaving on my legs etc...) I have realized that I need to be more careful. I almost feel like I am falling apart.

This foot injury wouldn't be so bad if I didn't rely on my bike for transportation and the half-marathon that I have been training for is out of the question now. Leaving my house is something that is going to be almost impossible for a few weeks. This makes me pretty depressed!! I have decided that I am going to try my best to be more careful so that I can get rid of this clumbsiness!!! Now that I am cooped up and I can't do anything, I have no choice but to take care of myself. I realize that I have to do a better job of paying attention so that I won't get hurt anymore!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww sorry to hear about your foot! I know staying in must suck...I feel confined too since I've been pregnant and throwing up for almost 5 months now.Hopefully you'll heal quickly and can get back out and about!!