May 19, 2008

Make New Friends But keep the Old One is Silver and the other Gold!


I love my friends. I don't think that there is anything better than spending time with my friends. They always know how to make me smile, laugh and feel better. I can vent my life's frustrations and I know that in my time of need you would be there for me. I want you to know that I will always be there for you. I think that I am very lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. I just thought I'd put together some quotes on friendship as a tribute to my friends. Thank you all for being such an important part of my life. (you all know who you are.) I love you!

********
"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up." - Bible: Ecclesiastes


"A friend is one who walks in when others walk out" -Walter Winchell


"It takes a long time to grow an old friend." - by John Leonard


"What is a friend? A single soul in two bodies." - Aristotle


"My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me." - Henry Ford


"I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends." - Walt Whitman


"The making of friends, who are real friends, is the best token we have of a man's success in life." - Edward Everett Hale


"The most I can do for my friend is simply to be his friend. I have no wealth to bestow on him. If he knows that I am happy in loving him, he will want no other reward. Is not friendship divine in this?" - Henry David Thoreau


"Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rareFalse friends are like leaves, found everywhere."- Anoymous


"But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life; and thanks to a benevolent arrangement of things, the greater part of life is sunshine."-Thomas Jefferson


The only way to have a friend is to be one. * Ralph Waldo Emerson


Real friendship is shown in times of trouble; prosperity is full of friends. * Euripedes


I keep my friends as misers do their treasure, because, of all the things granted us by wisdom, none is greater or better than friendship. -Pietro Aretino Italian poet


Life is nothing without friendship. -Marcus T. Cicero


What is a friend? I will tell you… it is someone with whom you dare to be yourself. -Frank Crane


A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway. -Fr. Jerome Cummings

No comments: