May 5, 2009

I'm Back

I have seriously had bloggers block and haven't felt like writing in the past month, but I am back! So many things have happened. Jennifer and Nathan came to vist and we had a great time! We literally saw the entire country of Italy in 2 weeks! What fun we had.

It was so great being able to show them everything that we have learned about Italy and share in all of the beautiful cities.
We toured Vicenza (several times of course). We showed them Theatro Olympico, the parks, Monte Berico, the market and several restaurants and bars. We even took a bike ride tour around town and went to the Villa Rotunda. I enjoyed showing them by bike, because they were able to see a taste of my daily life. (riding bikes like a 9 year old :) (JK).
We went to Verona and toured the city. I think that Jennifer really liked the Romeo and Juliet attractions the most! We even went to our favorite vineyard Recchia for some wine tasting. Of course I was only able to smell the delicious wine, but I was able to get some gifts!










We spent the day in Venice and Reamer and I were able to take our first Gondola Ride with them! It was so neat. It is different seeing Venice from another angle.

We also took an overnight trip to Cinque Terre and hiked to all 5 towns. It is quite a workout and I think we were all proud of ourselves for accomplishing the hike!





















We spent a relaxing day in Lake Garda and even took Champ along for the ride. We went to the market in Vicenza in the morning and bought some food to bring with us for a picnic. We walked around and saw the beautiful castle. Champ enjoyed the trip more than we did!
We also spent a day in Florence and saw all of the art and museums that the city had to offer! After Florence, Jennifer and Nathan took the train to Rome and explored the city for a few days by themselves!
We are so happy that they were able to come and visit and spend time with us! We had such a great time while they were here! I know that Reamer wishes he was able to spend more time with them, but the time that we spent was amazing! Can't wait to see ya'll again soon!
Ciao!
(More updates on what I have been doing to come....)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like you had a good time.

Jennifer Williams said...

I want to come back!!! Ready for another visit?? : ) Hehe Hopefully we'll see you in the states soon! : )