May 10, 2009

Wine Tasting

Lately, I have been asked to go on several wine tasting trips. It's kinda funny, because now I can't drink and I am finding all of these wonderful vineyards! I guess it's just that time of year.
We went on a wine tasting tour with our FRG and some of our friends. It was so much fun. Even though I couldn't drink much of the wine, I was able to swish some tastes in my mouth and get the idea. It was such a beautiful day and the countryside drive was absolutely picturesque.

At one of the places, you just put your glass up to a spicket on a huge metal cannister and pour a little out. You can also bring your own jugs and bottles to fill instead of buying the pre-bottled wine. At other places, you sample the wine from the bottle. It just depends on where you go. It's kind of neat just being able to walk up and pour your own little sample from the source. I think that this is an awesome way to go wine tasting!!! So much fun!

One of the places served bread, cheese and olives too. So I got to enjoy in some food. I did buy several bottles to add to our collection and to have for our guests! I couldn't resist.

We even stopped along the way at a cafe for cappucino's, (and since I'm trying to limit my caffine) Kristin (she's preggo too!) and I got ice cream instead!!! yummy! We wanted to indulge a little too!

It was a wonderful day and I'm so excited to take my parents in a few weeks back to some of the neat little places that we found.

1 comment:

KC said...

i love it! and it was sooooooooooooo much fun!!!!!!!!!